Applications for 2020 will open on October 21st
Measure your fleet's human resources policies and practices against established HR standards of excellence. Whether you're a small, medium, large or private fleet, you could be recognized as a leader in the industry!
Dates to Remember:
Note: Applications recieved after January 17, 2020 will not be accepted.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who can apply?
How do I apply?
To apply to the 2020 Top Fleet Employers program, fleets must first complete the pre-application form.
Please note that, if you do not already have one, you will need to create an account in order to complete and submit the pre-application and any subsequent forms. To create an account, go to www.truckinghrengage.com and click on “Log In”. Then, select “Not a member” and follow the steps to create your account.
The pre-application form includes information such as:
- Company name and head office location;
- Primary and secondary contact information;
- Type of fleet (for-hire, private or fleet services);
- Business focus;
- Cross-border or domestic operations;
- Number of employees as of November 1, 2019 (excluding owner-operators);
- Number of employees for each occupation.
The pre-application will be reviewed within 2 business days by Trucking HR Canada staff and eligible applicants will be redirected to:
- Application fee;
- Online application and guiding documents.
Fleets that meet the online application criteria will be invited to take part in the Trucking HR Canada online employee survey as the final step towards recognition.
Recognized fleets will be publicly announced in April 2020.
If you are a first-time applicant, or a returning applicant and would like some assistance, click here to view our How-To guide for completing the online application.
Do I have to complete the entire online form again if I'm a returning applicant?
No. To facilitate the application process, returning applicants will be able to return to their 2019 application and update any answers and supporting documents from the previous year – as long as their application was submitted online. While 2019 applicants will be able to update the information provided in 2019, Trucking HR Canada highly encourages fleets to pay close attention to answers and supporting documents provided last year and ensure that all information is up-to-date. Please note that you will need to log into the account created for the 2019 application in order to access the forms submitted last year. If you can’t remember your username or password, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If your 2018 application was provided through other means than the online system, you will have to resubmit the entire application.
Is there an application fee?
Yes. Included in the application fee are:
- Access to on demand support to complete the application;
- Follow up interviews;
- Access to the aggregated employee survey results and analysis;
- Score card indicating areas for improvement and success benchmarked against aggregated results from all Top Fleet Employers.
Fleets who meet the HR standards of excellence and are recognized as Top Fleet Employers will receive the following:
- One (1) framed certificate of recognition;
- Ten (10) signature lapel pins bearing the Top Fleet Employers 2020 recognition logo;
- The right to use the 2020 Top Fleet Employer logo and branding in your recruitment and retention efforts, including in communications and marketing;
- Recognition in national press release and trade media;
- Year-long recognition on Trucking HR Canada’s website;
- Recognition at the Annual Top Fleet Employers Gala Awards Dinner;
Fleets who do not meet the HR standards of excellence will be offered a 30 minutes consultation with a Trucking HR Canada staff to go over their score card and provide insights on HR best practices.
To ensure that fleets from all sizes have a fair access to the program, the application fee follows a scale reflective of the number of employees within the company (all fees are plus applicable taxes):
- 0-99 employees: $299.00
- 100-499 employees: $699.00
- 500-799 employees: $999.00
- 800+ employees: $1,499.00
Are there other awards available only to Top Fleet Employers?
Yes. Top Fleet Employers are automatically considered for the following awards which are handed to the recipients at the Annual Top Fleet Employers Gala Awards Dinner.
Achievements of Excellence:
- Training and Skills Development
- Workplace Culture
- Workplace Diversity
- HR Innovator
- Employee Engagement
- Workplace Mental Heatlh
- Women in the Workplace
These awards are based on the online application and employee survey results for each recognized Top Fleet Employer.
- Top Large Fleet
- Top Medium Fleet
- Top Small Fleet
- Top Private Fleet
These awards are handed to Top Fleet Employers who have achieved the highest overall score on their online application in their respective categories.
HR Leader of the Year
Employees of Top Fleet Employers who hold a senior management role in human resources are also encourage to submit an application for the HR Leader of the Year award. Established in 2016, the award recognizes the critical and strategic role that HR professionals play in the trucking and logistics industry. The individual recognized through this award exemplifies human resources best practices in the industry through leadership, commitment to continuous learning and innovation. Previous recipients of the award include:
- Ken Cross, CHRP CHRL, Senior Manager, Human Resources – SLH Transport (2016)
- Brenda Cuthbert, Vice-President, Human Resources – Siemens Transportation Group (2017)
- Geoff Topping, Vice President, Human Resources - Challenger Motor Freight (2018)