This subsidy is designed to support employers who provide persons with a disability the opportunity to meaningful work. This subsidy financially supports the onboarding of new employees with disabilities through a wage subsidy that can offset costs associated with supporting your new team member. Trucking HR Canada has a lot of resources to support you through the process.
- Up to a $15,000 wage subsidy per participant placed.
- The provision of targeted onboarding, coaching, and mentoring resources.
- Support throughout the work placement period.
- Follow-up with employers to assess program effectiveness, and recommendations for future placements.
Taking advantage of this wage subsidy program is easier than you think! Here is what you need to know:
Hire a person who:
- Who self-identifies as a person with a permanent physical or mental disability (no medical proof required)
- Legally entitled to work in Canada and
- Is currently under/unemployed
- Working less than an average of 20 hours per week
- Actively seeking employment or increased employment
- In receipt of a notice of imminent lay-off, or must leave their current occupation due to medical reasons
- Provide full time employment to a person with a disability
- Work with the employee to provide reasonable workplace accommodations
- Deploy an effective onboarding, coaching, and mentoring framework to support employee success. Trucking HR Canada is here to help with this through the use and /or adaption materials developed by Trucking HR Canada.
- Submit evidence of salary paid to participants (pay stubs) prior to receiving wage reimbursement from Trucking HR Canada.
To make sure the program is supporting employers and job seekers Trucking HR Canada will periodically seek feedback from employers and participants to evaluate the job placements and supports provided such as the coaching and mentoring resources. Feedback will be used to identify areas of opportunity to provide further support.
Trucking HR Canada is now accepting applicants and we can’t wait to help you grow your team. Connect with Anthonia Ani at 613-244-4800 or [email protected] today to get started
Funded in part by the Government of Canada’s Opportunities Fund Program.