Attracting the next generation of workers into the trucking and logistics sector is a top priority across the industry. This program supports employers who are doing just that. We will work together to identify, prepare, train, and integrate young Canadians currently experiencing barriers to employment into meaningful, well-paying, and stable employment opportunities in the trucking and logistics sector. Employers who are successful in their recruitment of young (under 30) employees will be eligible for up to $10,000 in wage subsidy per employee.
Candidates must meet the following criteria:
- 30 years old, and under (inclusive) at the time of intake/selection
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents, or persons who have been granted refugee status in Canada
- Legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations
- Offer full-time employment to a young person of 30 and under
- Trucking HR Canada shall periodically request feedback from the employers and participants to evaluate the job placement
- Employers will be required to submit evidence of salaries remitted to the participants (pay stubs), for reimbursement
Trucking HR Canada is happy to support employers committed to growing our sector. We are here every step of the way to answer questions and help with the official documentation processes.
This program is now open, and we are accepting applications from new and returning employers.