Trucking Human Resources Canada (THRC) attempts to keep the information on this website current, accurate and complete, but reliance upon any materials on this Site shall be at your sole risk. All such information should be verified independently before being used or relied on. THRC assumes no responsibility for any damages arising out of the use of this site.
The materials on THRC’s website are provided “as is”. THRC does not make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on this website or otherwise relating to these materials or on any sites linked to this site. Links or references to other websites or organizations do not imply endorsement or approval by THRC.
Conditions of Use
The text, images, and data (the “Materials”) provided by THRC are the property of THRC, or affiliated groups and may be subject to the rights of third parties. These organizations make no representations or warranties with respect to the ownership, copyright, or other moral rights to any of the images or content.
Access to and use of the Materials is subject to the acceptance of the following covenants, terms and conditions together with strict compliance with the Copyright Act:
- In the event that the Materials are cited as having third party rights, the Users shall ensure that they obtain the express written permission of the owner of that copyright before making use of the Materials and shall ensure that ownership is cited.
- The User shall not in any way alter, manipulate or modify the Materials or otherwise distort the Materials. The User hereby indemnifies THRC, and/or its affiliated groups for any actions, damages, costs, losses or claims brought or assessed against it for any inappropriate use of the Materials.
- In the event that the User wishes to make use of the Materials in any other way than is permitted herein, express written permission must be obtained. The right is reserved to deny such requested access, at the owner entity’s sole discretion.
THRC’s Web Privacy Statement
Most of the information accessible on THRC’s website does not require you to identify yourself at all. You may access it anonymously. However, THRC does collect personal information about you when you choose to provide it. We endeavour to collect only as much personal information as is absolutely necessary to assist you in conducting business with THRC via the website.
Purposes for Which We Collect Personal Information
We collect and retain personal information for the following purposes:
- To process your requests for services, products or further information
- To communicate with you regarding services or products that you have requested – for example to send you a statement or a receipt
- To identify you if you have a query or concern about the service or product that you have requested
- To advise you about changes to our web service offerings and of service interruptions
- To meet legal and regulatory requirements
Correcting/Updating Personal Information
If your personal information changes (e.g. name, address, postal code, telephone number, etc.), or you no longer desire our services, we will endeavour to provide a way to correct, update or remove this information.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
THRC is the sole owner of all personal information collected on its site. We do not use or retain personal information that you provide to us for any secondary purposes unless we clearly notify you and gain your permission first. We will not sell, share, rent or otherwise disclose your personal information to any organization or individual outside THRC unless we first notify you and ask your permission. The exceptions to this policy of non-disclosure are stated below. THRC may disclose your personal information:
- To companies contracted to process your requests
- For law enforcement purposes
- For the purpose of acting in an emergency or in compassionate circumstances to facilitate contact with your next of kin or friend if you become injured or take ill
We use IP addresses to analyze trends, administer the site, track clients’ movements, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information. We may occasionally report aggregated demographic information in the form of reports and statistics but this is not linked to any personal information that can be used to identify any individual person.
To enhance your experience on our site, some of our web pages may use “cookies”. Cookies are text files we place in your computer’s browser to store your preferences. Cookies, by themselves, do not tell us your e-mail address or any other personally identifiable information unless you choose to provide this information to us by, for example, filling in an online form. However, once you choose to furnish the site with personally identifiable information, this information may be linked to the data stored in the cookie.
Notification of Changes to the Privacy Statement
We reserve the right to change the privacy statement when necessary.