Working with a coalition of industry partners, Trucking HR Canada is addressing the ongoing labour shortage. A strong and sustainable supply chain is critical to the health of the Canadian economy, which in part can be achieved by addressing labour and training challenges faced by industry employers.
This program supports employers who are providing meaningful, well-paying, and stable employment opportunities in the trucking and logistics sector. Employers who are successful in their recruitment of new employees for in-demand occupations in the trucking and logistics sector will be eligible to access up to $10,000 per new employee.
Eligible employees must be
- Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident, or granted Refugee Status
- Legally entitled to work according to applicable provincial/territorial regulations
- Newly hired after the employer has been successfully approved for the program
- Demonstrate sound HR practices
- Sign an Employer Agreement
- Provide paystubs with proof of all federally and provincially required employee deductions i.e. as Employment Insurance, Canada Pension Plan, Income Tax
- Trucking HR Canada will periodically request feedback from the employers and participants to evaluate the job placement
To connect with a THRC staff person to learn more about the program and start the application program click here.
Funded in part by the Government of Canada’s Student Work Placement Program.