This program works to increase the job readiness of students registered in post-secondary programs. Employers can take advantage of a wage subsidy up to a maximum of 70%, up to $7,000 for every student work placement provided. This not only reduces current overhead costs of hiring and training new talent but builds your talent pool for the future with experienced candidates. The work placements also help highlight the variety of opportunities available within your company to soon to be graduates who are actively looking for post-graduate employment opportunities.
THRC makes this program easy to participate in by partnering with employers, and post-secondary institutions to create connections and deliver work-integrated learning opportunities for post-secondary students.
To participate employers must hire students who are:
- Canadian citizen, permanent residents or persons who have been granted refugee status in Canada
- Able to provide proof of part/full time enrollment in a Canadian post-secondary institution
- Legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations
Work placements must offer:
- Full-time or part-time work opportunity (minimum 4 weeks up to a maximum of 16 weeks at a minimum of 10 hours/week), directly related to the applicant’s program of study
- Not funded by any other Federal Grant Program
- Add participating students to the company’s payroll. Participants are not eligible for the program as contractors.
- Provide a safe and harassment-free work environment for participants
The employer must:
- Submit evidence of salaries remitted to the participants (pay stubs) for reimbursement
- Provide a safe and harassment-free work environment
Trucking HR Canada is here to support employers and post-secondary partners every step of the way, providing step by step guidance and support. We create opportunities to build strong relationships between employers and post-secondary partners.
We are now accepting new employers on a rolling basis until funding runs out. Get ready to participate in the Fall 2023 session.
Learn how to get started today.
Fall 2023 – Now accepting new employers!
Please contact us at [email protected] to learn more
Funded in part by the Government of Canada’s Student Work Placement Program.